Horses are amazing in any color, but black and white can set them apart. We have only had one black and white horse over the years a Quarter horse named cutter that was an amazing strong and fast animal.
He of course got his name from being a cutting horse and he did a very good job over it throughout the years. He is still out there sorting cows to this day although he has slowed down a bit. We have met some amazing black and white horses over the years with some pretty cool names that is what brought us to creating this list so here we go.
What Do You Call A Black And White Horse?
There are quite a few different breeds that can be black and white with horses the main and most popular one is the American Paint. They have become one of the most popular multi colored horses over the years and are absolutely beautiful. They are basically a combination of a stock horse and pinto. The black and white horses are also called piebald.
So what are good black and white horse names?
There are quite a few good black and white horse names these are our top 10 names below:
10. Two Socks
4. Almond Joy
Cool Black And White Horse Names
- Two Face
Cute Names For Black And White Horse
- Milk And Cookies
- Junior Mint
Black And White Male Horse Names
Names For A Black And White Paint Horse
- Two Tone
- Two Face
Black And White Horse Names Female
- Flickity Split
- Lady Grey
- Shades Of Winter
- Evening Shadows
- Felicity Snow
- Lady Snow
- Pale Shadow
Barn Names For Black And White Horses
- Kit Kat
Black And White Pony Names
- Lil Calypso
- Magic (Name of our horse we always mess around and call him Magic Mike lol)
Show Names For Black And White Horses
- Holy Cow
- Cookies N’ Cream
- Salt n’ Pepper
- Socks or Sox
- Betty (Boop)
- Almond Joy
- Junior Mint
- Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs
Unique Horse Names For Black And White Horses
- Nyx (God of the night)
- Odette or Odile (the black and white swans from Swan Lake)
- Peanuts (in honor of Snoopy!)
- Hemera (Greek goddess of day and night)
Funny Black And White Horse Names
- Zigzag (Ziggy)
- Whoopie (pie)
Black And White Quarter Horse Names
- Hidden Treasure
- Mr. White/Black
- Black & White Jet
- Blizzard Nugget
- Pure Treasure
- Ying Yang
- Cowboy Up
Black And White Horse Breeds
Black and white horses aren’t a very common animal so these breeds can also be hard to find. If you find the breed finding an actual black and white in that breed is then tough. Below you will see different patterns including black with white spots horses or white horses with black spots. All of them are definitely beautiful.
- American Mustang – you have probably seen white and black mustangs in old westerns when they are rounding up the wild horses and never knew it if they actual movie was in black and white. You can actually find mustangs relatively cheap at times and even in the black and white color. They are amazing animals and have competed in a lot of different disciplines. So whether you are looking to compete or trail ride they can be the horse for you.
- Appaloosa – Appaloosa is an amazing specimen with their spots that definitely set them apart. They have become one of the most unique horse breeds over the years. Although they come in a variety of colors the black and whites are a bit more rare so keep your eyes peeled.
- Knabstrupper – I will admit I had no clue what this breed was before looking up. They came out of Denmark bred as a warmblood. They have this amazing leopard looking pattern that is similar to your dapple grey horses we have had over the years. They get that white horse with the black spots look. Amazing and beautiful I want one now.
- Gypsy Vanner – the black and white Gypsy Vanner can be a very expensive horse when you find one. They are highly sought out and are just beautiful with their long mane and tail. Their feathered legs really set them apart.
- American Paint Horse – one of our favorites because we have owned quite a few. They come in so many colors we used to have a tri color that was white, brown and black beautiful mare. They are a very durable and versatile breed being used in both western and English traits. Our mare is still around at 30 years old although long retired.
- Shire – big and tall, gentle horse. I have always loved this horse because they can literally be used for anything from working the fields to plowing. They are so easy to work around and train because they are always so calm. Black and white ones look absolutely stunning with their amazing feathers.
- Morgan Horse – they are definitely a very popular breed and when they are in black and white they are much more sought after.
- Miniature Horse – we have an all white mini, but I would love to get a black and white one like pictured in the beginning of the article. Minis come in all different colors and are great for kids and pulling.
- American Saddlebred – they are a versatile horse for English traits including jumping, pulling a carriage, dressage, saddle seat, etc.
What To Name A Gray Horse? (Summary)
It can be tough to name your horse, just know you can actually change it down the line especially with a barn name. So don’t get too hung up over it when they are young. As you get them to your barn and training them yes you will want one name you can call them so they don’t get confused.
The easiest way to pick is to not pick at all….confusing. Well just grab your top 10-20 names go to a horse forum or horse sub reddit. Post something like “I need help picking a name for my black and white horse here are the top X I have picked out….tell me what you guys think”. Also get involved on your facebook profile and groups. That way by the time you are done you know you picked the right one. Even if it comes down to two of them you may be able to combine them or make into a horse show name.